Archives Lost, Archives Displaced, Archives Found, Archives Digitised, Archives Shared – Stage Two – ARI Remixing – 2017-2019
Thanks and a grateful acknowledgement to Arts Queensland who have kindly funded Stage Two of the ARI Remix Project – Stage Two- Past Present Future – The Queensland Remix- 1980 to Now.
In brief, The ARI REMIX PROJECT: Living Archives, Artist-Runs Stage Two open resource includes:
- 16 new artist/artist-run participants talking about ARIs and socially engaged practice(s)
- growing, refining, nuancing and optimising current 1980 to 1990 data, content and resources
- initial research into 1990 to Now artist-run participatory heritage in Brisbane and throughout regional Queensland
- enhanced content and resources, stories and data about artist-runs active and performative in Brisbane and in regional Queensland from 1980 to Now; and some initial insights into the artist-run scene in Brisbane now. An ARI scene that is so vibrant, diverse and caring with over twenty artist-runs active, relating, collaborating and nurturing one another today
- and of course continuing the ongoing non-profit open-source work we do each month to updating and maintaining the website and developing web database optimisation, WP troubleshooting, housekeeping, snowballing, debugging and enhancing radical user orientation – adding external links etc.
Stay tuned to this new “bazaar-style” community contributions digital archive project as we grow, nuance, deepen, extend and broaden this open-source digital collaboration and internet artwork over the next two years.
Thanks again for your kind support, care, insights and encouragement during the past six years we are truly grateful and thanks for being so mindful and so patient too, while this digital archive might appear as if it is a so-called “cathedral” digital archive it is not, it is a “bazaar” style participatory archive and kindly be mindful that the WP work ( and a long term new digital skills development journey) is labour intensive and that growing, nuancing and opitimising a digital archive like this about artist-run participatory heritage data from 20 to 30 years ago, is at times a glacially slow process.
We thank you for your understanding, your support, your attention and for sharing posts with your social media networks.
Artist and ARI Remix Project Co-ordinator
Photo: Hiram To, Tee Shirts, The Artist-Run Scene, Brisbane, 1980s- 1990s, Camden Arts Centre, London. Courtesy Hiram To Archives.