I am an accomplished and entrepreneurial Senior Executive with 25 years’ experience in the visual arts and education. I possess a strong vision and experience in strategic development, master planning, organisational transformation, research, fundraising, financial management and program development within the arts and museum sector.
I am commercially astute and excel in forming strong relationships with benefactors, government, staff, industry and the broader community. I have proven results in developing entrepreneurial and innovative programs and major capital projects.
As a leader and people manager I provide clear objectives to staff and place emphasis on innovation and instilling the right behaviours to solving problems and collaboration. I encourage information sharing, innovation and continuous learning.
My areas of expertise include:
● Organisational Transformation
● Strategy Development
● Master planning
● Entrepreneurial Approach
● Research, Education and Programming
● Operations Oversight & Management
● Partnerships & Fundraising
● Regional Expertise
● Innovation and Technological Advancement
● Stakeholder and Audience Engagement
Some recent career highlights:
● The transformation of the Australian Museum through master planning and the initiation of new programs, benefactor relations, improved audience engagement and the successful delivery of galleries such as Garrigarrang Sea Country, Bayala Nura Yarning Country, Pacific Spirit and Wild Planet.
● The development of an Audience Engagement Strategy for the Australian Museum resulting in significantly increased audience numbers and self-generated revenue.
● A new master plan delivering organisational transformation at Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre comprising projects, such as ‘Body Pacifica’, ‘Made on the Kitchen Table’ and ‘Muslim Women’s Project’.
● The successful acquisition of new audiences at ‘Splendour In the Grass’ music festival by creating ‘Splendid’ cross art form project.
Collaboration/ Collaborator names Keywords:
Brisbane artist-runs (1990s) including Space Plenitude, Bland People Die, Camp Fire Group
Various Private Collections